Friday, June 9, 2017

Visiting the Rich Family

I was so excited to stop in York haven, PA to see my childhood best friend Michelle and her family. We got a premium camping spot in their driveway complete with water hookups from their hose. (LOL)
The first night we enjoyed a relaxing campfire around Mark's fancy firepit. We even had smores!



The next day we all drove up to Harrisburg for a ferryboat ride on the Susquehanna River. The boys all got a chance to hang out and get to know each other.
 


Later we grilled out and played cards and board games. Josh had SAT the next day and we kept him up late that night. I hope he got a great score!





We decided to stop at Hershey Park on the way out of town. The chocolate tour was really cool and the smell was fantastic! The ride showed you the process of making chocolate. There was even a free sample at the end. Mark bought us a 5 lb. box of Twizzlers for the road. I am sure they will be gone soon!

 

 

 

It was bittersweet leaving town because I had to say goodbye to Michelle but I knew we had many more adventures ahead...

1 comment:

  1. I must say that we were truly blessed by your visit. Not only was it great to see you and Jason, but getting to know your boys and watching them play with our boys made it even more special. Something I never really thought about when you and I were kids.
    I hope you enjoyed your accommodations. You were certainly our largest group so far. 😀
    Hopefully we will make it to Florida soon. Thanks for stopping by on your tour of the Northeast. Can't wait to see how the rest of the trip goes. ❤ya lots!!

    ReplyDelete